No need to Facebook this whole thing, but I seriously needed to vent. Figure only the diehard friends/family will click through, so I appreciate your good vibes in advance. And, since I’m not filling out any more on-line forms as I had planned to do tonight; well, I’m overdue for a blog post.
- First, my <large banking firm with whom I have generally had great service from> United credit card is here in Dublin-YAY! (much sooner than expected, thus I didn’t plan for being at home)
- UPS attempted to deliver to my gated apartment, which they could not access.
- Therefore, I don’t have a cute “we missed you” slip, which means I don’t have a certain barcode/number which I COULD use to change the delivery on-line to my work address.
- Hopeful for help, I spent too much time on phone with bank confirming identity. (I get it, but conversation could have been much shorter if he’d have listened rather than following script).
- To find out that Dublin UPS wasn’t open to calls at this time (which he’d have known if <see above>, because I’d already tried that). I was hoping bank had special contact info.
- So I have to call UPS in AM, hoping I catch in time to arrange delivery to work Thu. Cause it can’t slip to Friday because I will be at the Embassy trying to get new passport.
- FOR which, I dutifully complied with filling out on-line forms, which I was going to print and bring with, BUT the on-line forms are not completely applicable to situation. System kicked me out once, saying not eligible for replacement (??!!); and at end of 2nd attempt, asked for the fee to be paid. Which I already knew I’d have to give in person to Dublin Embassy cause I have no freaking credit cards!! In the form of cash or postal order, which I have to leave work earlyish in order to obtain, cause bank hours are weird here.